The ginger root is a common element in cooking and belongs to the same family turmeric. However, it has a surprisingly wide variety of healthful and healing properties. Ginger is well-known as a digestive aid and remedy for nausea and stomach upset. Personally, I suffer from sea-sickness and homemade ginger ale provides a lot of relief.
You can use ginger in many forms. Ginger capsules are readily available to purchase and fresh ginger root is also very easy to find. Tubes of ginger paste are also easy to find in the produce section of the grocery store.
Fresh Ginger Water
Fresh ginger water is an effective way to use ginger to decrease stomach upset and promote good digestion. Ginger water can be used either hot or cold.
- Wash your ginger root and peel off the outside.
- Finely grate 1 tsp of ginger
- Boil 4C of pure water- bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the grated ginger.
- Remove the ginger water from the heat, cover and let steep for at least 15 min.
- Strain the ginger water to remove the pieces of ginger.
- Place in a covered jar and refrigerate.
Categories: Natural Healing